The Xen Project community maintains a number of IRC channels on irc.freenode.net.
- is for general queries about the software, both developer and user questions
- is the official IRC channel for the XAPI team
- is the channel the hypervisor developers use. It is an invite-only IRC channel, mainly to avoid spamming: we had issues in the past. If you have submitted patches to the developer mailing lists you will be invited to join. To request an invite send a mail to your community manager providing your IRC nick (must be registered on nickserv)
- is used for Xen Project ARM development
- is used for Xen Project Test Days
- is used for Xen Project Document Days
If you don't have an IRC client you can access the IRC via the web using the FreeNode web interface.
What is IRC ?
IRC, abbreviated for Internet Relay Chat, provides a platform for open chatting and is chiefly designed for group communication. It consists of networks which themselves contains channels which refers to the place for group discussion relevant to the topics for the discussion.
Why should I join IRC?
IRC allows you to have real time chat with individuals proficient in various fields around the globe & helps you in discussion of your problem.
What are the ways to join IRC?
There are various ways to join IRC:
- Installing an IRC application
- Using your web browser
You can access IRC in a number of ways, including: