The Xen 3.4 release contains a number of important new features and updates compared to the 3.3 release including:
- Device passthrough improvements, with particular emphasis on support for client devices (further support is available as part of the XCI project).
- RAS features: cpu and memory offlining
- Power management: improved frequency/voltage controls and deep-sleep
- support. Scheduler and timers optimised for peak power savings.
- Support for the Viridian (Hyper-V) enlightenment interface
- Many other changes in both x86 and IA64 ports
- Xen 3.4 Datasheet
Xen 3.4.4 is a maintenance release in the 3.4 series. It contains a number of fixes compared to 3.4.3:
- Security enhancements including CVE-2011-1583
- Support for AMD Family 15h (Bulldozer) CPUs
- Performances and stability improvements
- Various bux fixes