Thanks to the 72 people who responded to the Xen.org community survey over the past 2 weeks; the results of the survey are attached in a pdf file (minus the email addresses of anyone who wanted to have further discussions).
Xen.org Survey May 2009.pdf
The feedback has been incredibly useful and here are the 3 main takeaways from the results:
- Documentation and Support
- Better technical guides for current/future developers
- Better user guides; emphasis for new users
- Community Tools
- High usage of Mailing Lists, Wiki, & Blog
- Limited exposure to various Web 2.0 tools
- Open Source Comfort
- Familiar with various open source communities
- Consistent to slightly better rating than other open source projects
I have several action items based on these takeaways and will be in touch with the survey respondents to ensure that I get their feedback and follow-up on all open issues they have. I plan to run a similar survey in 6 months to continuously monitor the project to ensure that everything you need from Xen.org is available.
As is standard, feel free to contact me at any time with additional questions, comments, etc. I am always avaiable via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.