Our Next User Summit to be Held on September 15 in Downtown Manhattan
Last year marked the arrival of the very first Xen Project User Summit.Â This year, we are aiming to draw over 100 people to the Lighthouse Executive Conference Center in the heart of New York City to discuss the use of the Xen Project hypervisor.
How Are You Using Xen Project Software?
We are actively looking for people who are willing to talk about:
- How you use our project’s software in your datacenter or lab
- How you integrate the Xen Project hypervisor in your solution or cloud
- How you control the software with custom scripts or utilities
- Why you chose Xen Project software instead of some other hypervisor
- How much you time or money you saved by using our software
- Where you’d like to see our project go in the future
Also, we’d welcome talks about:
- Features of the newest release and how to use them
- New projects building on Xen Project software which could open new avenues for end users (like the work around GPU virtualization, cloud operating systems like MirageOS, and additional architectures like ARM)
- Instructive HowTo sessions to educate attendees about implementing particular capabilities within the software
- The use of related products and projects like XenServer and Xen Orchestra to make our software even more powerful in the datacenter
This promises to be one of the best opportunities for users and integrators to come together and learn from people who have plenty of insight into using Xen Project software.Â This may be the best chance all year to become educated about the hypervisor and the subprojects.
We are Waiting for Talk Proposals from You!Â Respond by May 31.
The submission deadline is May 31, 2014.Â Go to the event’s CFP page on the Linux Foundation’s website to submit your talk proposal.
Events like this are only as good as the content and attendees.Â We don’t care if you are not a polished speaker, as long as you have something of interest to say.Â Don’t know if your Xen Project story is all that interesting?Â Let us be the judge — submit your talk proposal and we will be happy to review it.Â It may be just the topic which can help out someone wrestling with the same issues you have already conquered.Â Need some inspiration?Â Check out some of the videos marked “XPUS13” in our video area, like this talk from last year:
So give it some thought, and give us your ideas!Â And we hope to see you in New York City in September!
And Don’t Forget About Xen Project Developer Summit in Chicago…
If you are a developer in the Xen Project ecosystem, don’t forget about the Developer Summit in August in Chicago, co-located with LinuxCon North America.Â The CFP for that event closes on May 2, so act soon to submit your talk proposals!