Usage of Xen Project Mark and Logo under the trademark policy
The usage of the Xen Project mark and logo are governed by the Linux Foundation trademark policy. The policy governs the use of the Xen Project mark and logo.
Usage of Xen Project Mascot and Other Images
Xen mascots, templates and other images available through this page and are made available under CC BY-NC 3.0. Feel free to use images on your blog, as wallpaper, for fun and the like, but you must link to xenproject.org. Creative Commons CC BY-NC 3.0 allows you to
- To Share: Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the material
- To Remix: Create Derivative works of the material
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: You can use the images and material without attribution when used in a context that refers to the Xen Project, Xen Project Hypervisor, Xen Project Community, XenProject Sub-Projects or XenProject.org (e.g. in a blog post or article about the Xen Project, a Xen Project Hackathon, a Xen Project User Group meeting, etc.). Where the context is not clear, attribution must be made to XenProject.org, and images used on merchandise, such as a sticker, must contain the Xen Project logo.Examples of clear context are:
- A training course entitled “How to use the Xen Project Hypervisor to build a cloud”
- A website “xen_project_hall_of_fame.com” with pictures of famous Xen Project contributors
- A monthly journal called “Xen Project User journals” describing how you use the Xen Project Hypervisor
- A blog post or article about the Xen Project Hypervisor
- As avatar for a social media account with a reference to Xen Project in the profile name or in the profile description
- Give-away of a Xen Fu Panda button, sticker, mug, etc. at a Xen Project user group meeting or Hackathon
Examples where the context is not clear:
- A freely distributed Xen Project wallpaper or theme
- Give-away of a Xen Fu Panda button, sticker, mug, etc. at a kids event
- Noncommercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes, except for usage that complies with the Linux Foundation trademark policy. In practice that means that you can use the images without concerns for commercial usage within the Xen Project and open source community.
You can download vector graphics, images and logos from
We encourage the community to play and evolve the images and graphics. If you have any ideas or did something cool with the images, and you want it published via these pages contact us.